EVENTFUL WEEKEND 2
Hi friends. Welcome back to gist time with your fave. I promised to complete the gist of my eventful weekend; here we go.
A therapist once told me that I wasn't out of energy because I was lazy, but because I had refrained from doing the things that made me happy - being with friends, advocacy, and awareness as well as spending time with family and loved ones.
Sunday started on a high... Waking up super early to be in church before 6am and went about my day like the duchess herself even when I didn't have enough sleep time. The good thing is that I can be an early starter when I prepare my mind to. Served with my units, and attended service and all I could think of was my lunch date with my friend and how I would navigate through the evening program.
Service ended and I went over to pick her up at her place. Upon arrival, ladies and gentlemen, it started raining. Like where did this rain come from? What was supposed to be a touchdown and pick-up, had me rethinking if we would go out. Long story short, the rain ended and we headed out. My friend and I were both very excited about where we were going seeing that it was our first time. The first stop was Ofadaboy which we were super excited about but unfortunately, they were not open and they didn't update it on their social media pages. Then we did another turn on Adeniran Ogunsanya in search of someplace else where we could have lunch.
We stopped at Magrellos, my first time there and I'm glad we did. The meals were super tasty and filling. I had Coconut fried rice with Turkey, and my friend had Chinese fried rice with chicken in chicken sauce. That sauce was way out of this world.
I knew instantly that Magrellos had ticked off something in my taste buds. After that, we went to the lounge area to have some drinks, pepper soup, and mocktails. The bartender was feeling super great, so he offered us free drinks on the house - my first direct interaction with alcohol.
It was super bitter, strong, and hot. I really don't understand what people see in alcohol that they can't do without. It's not sweet at all. After taking some pictures and catching up on long-time gists, we went downstairs to get bread and chinchin. P.S.: That particular chinchin had me nibbling for one full week just because I didn't want it to finish. lol...ππ
Magrellos did get me big time as everything they offered was deliciously tasty and had me craving more. I must say their meals are made out of love. It was time to say our goodbyes and head back home. I had so much fun catching up with my friend again after one year of living in the same Lagos and not seeing ourselves.
The final day of the Immersion Conference was amazing. The word and prophetic messages were just right for the season. I was really glad I attended. The impartations as well in an atmosphere of worship. The sleep for that day hit very differently as my body was full of so many toxins. I was excited and happy with the light head from taking one shot of gin - thanks to the bartender and all the sugary drinks I had also taken.
Hanging out with friends and loved ones can really be therapeutic. No matter how busy you are, try to consciously schedule some time out with close friends whom you love. It will definitely help you be more productive, warm, and happy. Also, don't forget to eat good food as the body needs it to heal. If you can make homemade meals, then go ahead and give yourself a treat. And if you can't, ensure you are certain of the restaurant so you don't waste your funds eating a meal you don't enjoy.
Till I come your way again... stay splufic✌





Comments
Post a Comment