EVENTFUL WEEKEND

 Yippeeee...๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Another long week has come and gone. And we gradually get into the last week in January. January wasn't as long as most people exaggerated it to be on social media.

This weekend was fantastic and I did enjoy myself. You know how you're fully booked up with events and things to do that you somehow wish you can take out a couple of things off of the list but surprisingly you get to go through all of the events seamlessly like nothing happened.

God, I kinda loved it. It gave me the achiever feeling but gave my body the stressful feeling๐Ÿ˜‚ .

As much as it felt good, I don't think I want to try that again. That's too much stress. Like they say in Yoruba, 'ki le n wa kiri?'. Like really what exactly are you looking for outside? Now except your destiny is outside, I mean why go through that much stress. Don't get me wrong, all of the events were power-packed. I especially think that God made me attend the Immersion conference even though originally na man make me sign up (lol... please don't judge me. We have all been there before). The switch to the story is that I didn't get to see the man at the event cause God made me miss the day he turned up so that His baby will not stray and miss the things He has prepared for her. Anyway, let me walk you through my weekend.

On Friday just as I was rounding up from work, a dear friend calls me to update me on his business and we get talking. Now I have always experienced the work-from-home with family series and how they show up to disrupt your work with their side comments, special appearances, and food review especially if you cooked. On this special day for reasons best known to her, my mum decides to shout out loud for me to come to do the dishes. Yes, I had been at my desk all day and at the time, I hadn't even stepped out to have a meal but here I was on a call with a prospective; being screamed at to come to do the dishes. How much lower can these mothers drag us?๐Ÿ™†

Anyways fast forward to dishes done, brundinner done (hold up before you squeeze your face- brunch is when you have a meal at lunchtime that counts as breakfast and lunch right. Then my newly invented word 'brundinner is when you're having the first meal of the day at dinner time๐Ÿ˜). Cool word right ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜. I sleep off on a movie and wake up slow and draggy on Saturday morning thinking of how long my day would be. Little did I know that the day was gonna stretch like plasticine.

Fast-forward impartation service was lit... my God. The mysteries in the word of God and its interpretations. After the service, I told my Pastor that I would hitch a ride with him to town. Meanwhile, it took me a lot of guts to make that request, and yes I am one step courageous because I have decided this year to make my requests known after all, the only responses you can give me are between yes and no. E no pass by like that. Anyways, I ended up going to my next event myself because at the end of the service, just like the bible says, a large crowd followed Jesus P.K. ๐Ÿ˜‚. They were everywhere. And in my thoughts where all of the conversations happen, I was left wondering when these people will release the man and how I would first greet a number of them to get to my pastor and I freaked out. That was too many people to be chitchatting with. I am not mentally there yet.

Anyways, I would have thought that my pastor would be swarmed and forget that I wanted to ride with him but he didn't forget. He calls to look out for me wey don dey express and as usual, I stutter because I can't explain the thoughts in my head. As my journey progressed, I met with the ugly traffic of Lagos. And as the sweet babe that I am, I confront every traffic with grace, a smile, and my scrabble game. As I was playing my game, a thought crossed my mind on how I would have been flexing inside AC in traffic if I had waited for my Pastor and how we probably wouldn't have been in the traffic because he probably would have used another route. 

The Holy Spirit nudged me at that point to be patient with God and open to his processes in this new year. Imagine telling God my plans and not waiting full-time to go with God on the things we agreed to do. And this happens to a lot of us as well. God wants us to be with and around people but we hold on to our fears in our minds and we don't talk to God about them. We just avoid God, His people, and all the long processes thinking we are making progress and moving with time forgetting who holds the time and how He knows better and faster routes. Do better in 2023.

Anyways I get to my destination 2 for the Lofty Heights Conference and meet the best parts of the program. Timi Dakolo is an exceptional singer and songwriter and his session reminded me of why I love music and how once upon a time, I used to write songs and poems. (Please don't ask me anything because the things I have done and stopped in this life keep my head shaking; but thank God that He is a merciful God). They have sha prayed for us and poured oil on our heads boya confidence and courage with discipline will follow to help us bring to life all that God has put in us. 

P.S.: I hope you're better than me in putting to use all of the gifts of God resident in you.

Pst. Iren's session was like they were using a shotgun to blow off my brains. It was explosive. And somehow pastey kept dropping prophetic words for me from his conversations. It was too clear to me why God made me attend the event cause I am currently in that 'I can't be bothered about these things' kinda mood. The worship and impartation service after that was a great way to end that program cause what better way to water the gifts and seeds these amazing speakers have planted, than by the river of life. 

Finally, I went for the immersion program. This one was in a new, unfamiliar space. Remember earlier I said I registered because of man. But God used my distraction(man) to get me into a space He had packed amazing gifts for me. The word was too direct. You know how you are looking at a Pastor like have we met before? Did I offend you? Who talked to you about me? What is it gan? The man didn't even know me before so it obviously was God who had decided to block me in a new area. After taking all my blessings, I decided to head home late at night. But going home late wasn't the original intention though because the word and worship were just too intense to realize that time was running. Btw, I don't know who was chasing the time though.

I got to the bus station and there were no BRT buses. The number of red lights on the road indicated mad traffic. At that moment, I knew I was in for it. I finally opted to join the molue big buses cause danfo be doing shakara and calling ridiculous prices. I get to Ketu after such a long time to realize that buses weren't loading to Ikorodu. Going to Mile12 which I have heard is usually very dangerous, especially at night time would be too risky. I also realized that if I followed the way the traffic looked, I would get home pretty late. So I call a friend who I know stays in Ketu and beg to stay over for the night and leave very early the next morning. She says okay over the phone and says she would call me back. Little did I know that I would learn a major lesson in life that night. Let me spare you the details of the back and forth in between, but long story short, one hour later, I am still on the road calling, waiting, tired of standing, and almost frustrated. Fresh babe wey just collect blessings from ministrations. Once I felt that I was almost going to lose my mind, I remember Apostle Arome's message where he said his own language to God is 'Jesus help me'. Na so I start to chant Jesus help me. Then I get a prompting in my spirit to head home. After all, it would be better to get home any time and still sleep well on my own bed than being inconvenienced and inconveniencing someone else in their house. So I called and told my friend not to bother again and that I was already heading out; to which she says she was on her way to me and she was sorry but I should wait. Ladies and gentlemen, we are talking about 10pm. And mumu me, still believed and waited an extra 20mins. (Give it up for the queen of giving chances๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚).

Anyways, after typing a detailed explanatory text, I send an SMS and called to tell her I had gone, but not once to date did I get a callback. I ask the Holy Spirit to help me, and then he favours me with a private car that was going to the garage. I was more than grateful to get the ride with my shaky legs that I didn't even think of the amount the driver was asking. Ohh I forgot to tell you that I had taken all the fine girl essentials plus wig off my head during my long wait. I even took off my belt cause my tired was tired๐Ÿ˜”. The ride was sweet as this driver just kept playing all of Chike's songs from the first album to date. I didn't even feel the traffic again because of the good music. I'm sure some of the other passengers would have assumed we were a couple cause we just kept singing together๐Ÿ˜…. That one is their business. God did send me an angel in human form cause the driver when he got to Ikorodu was heading in the direction of my area - not exactly my end but a bit close up front. At this point, I had rested my legs and had to negotiate the fare for the next route with determination. 

At past 11pm, I was on the road at a bus stop they call Adamo, waiting and praying for God to send me another angel. Unknown to me who stays in her house all week long, the bike riders whom I had depended on in my mind to get me home had been sent away from the bus stop. They now had closing time๐Ÿ˜. While waiting, area boys at that park started making silly comments in Yoruba (they probably thought I couldn't understand them - a common assumptive mistake people make when they meet me). I then intensified my prayers to the Holy Ghost and waited for my answers. Not long after, God sent me a bus going to my bus stop. I didn't realize I still had the hustling spirit in me until I jumped over a woman who just stood at the entrance of the bus with her goods - something she should have known would not fit in that bus but I think she had waited for so long that her brain probably froze. Thank God I was putting on trousers and I have been dutiful to my stretches because, by the time she would ask for help from the driver, the bus was already full as other men had found their way in. Your girl had won herself a comfortable space right behind the driver and was saying her thank you to God. By midnight, I was in the area walking home and praying not to meet any community masquerade or oro. To suppress my fear, I started singing, speaking in tongues, and praying very loudly ๐Ÿ˜€. All from a place of unspoken fear. 

 I got home at 12:30am. First time after a long time. The last time I was out this late would be in 2019 when I was still doing media stuff and trying to be relevant by going to events and shows. Anyways, I didn't tell my mum I was coming back home as she thought I would sleep over at my friend's - that was the last conversation we had and yes I had told her that I would be at my friend's without telling her that I was still waiting for her. Besides, I didn't want to bother her and keep her awake all night. But here I was calling to wake her up from sleep as I had been locked out.

I was more than grateful to God for how He helped me get home safely. My body has a system that takes a while to shut down after a stressful day so I couldn't sleep immediately after I got out of the shower. All I know is that I woke up listening to a message that had been playing all night. I woke up as early as 4am to prepare for church, as I was serving in a new unit for the first service. What I couldn't comprehend was the energy I used in waking up although the pastor at the Immersion program had prayed for strength for everyone who would be waking up early for church.

My Sunday was fully exciting but omo this post is almost looking like an epistle of St. Paul to the Nigerians๐Ÿ˜…. I shall drop my pen here make my ink no finish. But then, I'll tell you about Sunday's experience some other time while I ruminate on the lessons learned.

In the meantime, I hope you are having a great Monday and I hope all Lagosians are excited about the arrival of the President to Lagos. Just apply wisdom in your movement during this period. I will see you when next I step outside of my house.

P.S.: Feel free to share some of your own disappointing experiences with friends. Unfortunately, I kinda have 3 higher education notes full of such experiences - not literally tho.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Review of 2022

EVENTFUL WEEKEND 2